1. How To Use: The Sewing Machine Course
In the course, you will learn how to use the sewing machine, including parts of the sewing machine and its functions. You will learn how to thread a sewing machine, and reel a bobbin.
Sewing Machine Skills – City & Guilds
City and Guilds Level 1 Award – Sewing Machine Skills
CharnoldAcademy is proud to offer a City & Guilds in Fashion inspired course Sewing Machine Skills.
The course includes everything you need to know to get started in sewing, or if you are returning to sewing, then this is the course to give you renewed sewing confidence.
During this exciting course you will create your own unique sample folder of sewing techniques that covers all that is needed for garment construction.
Students will learn:
- How to thread a sewing machine
- What thread tension is and how to change it
- How to select and use different sewing machine feet
- Construction techniques including, a variety of seams several types of dart, Hems
- Fastenings including 3 zip variations, buttons and button holes, inserted and picot elastic.
- Decorative techniques, applique, patchwork, decorative sewing, piping and gathering with cord.
There is no end of course exam, as all marking is based on your folder of work created during the course.
Cost is £450 for the course , includes course registration fees , you can pay over 3 instalments of £150 on application
Wednesday evenings 6.30 till 9-00pm weekly starting 10th May to 12th July 2021.
Please note that we do not have a class during half term week.
2. Dressmaking Course
This practical course is designed to take students from basic sewing experience to constructing garments. The students are taught machine handling skills and full garment construction techniques.
3. Patternmaking Course
In this pattern cutting course, you will use individualised measurement to draft full-scale basic bodice, sleeve block and skirt block.
4. Freestyle Sewing
These tutor led workshops are designed for those who have a good understanding of how to use a sewing machine but would benefit from some guidance from a qualified tutor/trainer.