This course will teach you the practical skills and knowledge needed to make stitched samples using a sewing machine and its accessories.
- work safely and effectively using a sewing machine and
- know the functions, controls and features on a sewing machine.
- know the characteristics of materials required to make samples.
- produce samples using a sewing machine.
We are proud to offer a City & Guilds inspired course at an affordable rate!
This course is a comprehensive course which includes everything you need to know to get started in sewing; or if you are returning to sewing, then this is the course to give you renewed sewing confidence.
During this exciting course you will create your own unique sample folder of sewing techniques that covers all that is needed for garment construction.
At the end of this course, you will be able to
- to thread a sewing machine
- know what thread tension is and how to change it
- know how to select and use different sewing machine feet
- Know sewing construction techniques including, a variety of stitches, seams and hems
- Fastenings including zip variations, buttons and button holes, inserted and picot elastic.
This course will be completed in two sessions of 3hours each
Cost is £60 for the course, all inclusive. You will be provided with a sewing machine to use during the classes as well as practice materials at no extra cost!
Classes are usually held: mornings 10.00am till 1.00pm
evenings 6.00pm till 9-00pm
To register for this course:
Call Eby on 07446182458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org