This one day workshop provides you with the insight into understanding how to draft the basic fitted bodice block to your own or a client’s measurements. This process will allow you to understand the formulas and techniques to draft pattern blocks directly from measurements ensuring a more personalised fit.
This workshop can accommodate ALL skill levels although an understanding of basic sewing will help.
THE DAY IS BROKEN DOWN INTO TWO KEY PARTS:
- MORNING: you will draft the basic fitted bodice block and sleeve using industry standard measurements. This is the first step in familiarizing yourself with the techniques of drafting from measurements. All are given the same worksheets and guided through the process to build confidence in how to draft this block
- AFTERNOON: after lunch we embed all that you have learnt into making your own block, we demonstrate how to take measurements and from these you will then draft the bodice and sleeve block once again, this time using your own measurements.
WE PROVIDE YOU WITH:
- very comprehensive handouts that we will use throughout the day and you take home with you for future reference.
- pattern making paper and large pattern making rulers and equipment
- support and guidance throughout the day to help you achieve the best results
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- paper scissors, pencils, erasor, small rulers, tape measure, masking tape and any pattern making equipment you may have.
- SATURDAY September 11th 9:30-4pm