Welcome to our Pattern Making Course!
In this pattern making course, you will use individualised measurement to draft full-scale basic bodice and sleeve block including demonstration of the inclusion of appropriate ease allowances on the basic blocks, mark and label the block to show name of piece, straight of grain, notches and size. Students will produce a toile using the drafted bodice block, evaluate fit and make any necessary adjustments.
This course is split into three sections, where you will learn how to create the following:
1. Introduction to Pattern drafting – You will learn how to use your own measurements to make circle skirt pattern and a T-shirt top pattern and their variations
2. Skirt Block and skirt pattern variations- You will learn how to use your own measurements to make straight skirt block and how to adapt this block to make a pencil skirt, straight skirt and A-line skirt pattern. You will then use your new skills to make a skirt for yourself.
Basic bodice block & Sleeve block. and their variations. You will learn how to use your own measurements to make bodice block and Sleeve blocks and how to adapt these blocks. You will then use your new skills to make a sleeved garment for yourself.
You will complete various projects using your new skills.
*Basic sewing skill and dressmaking experience is necessary.
Learning Objectives: At the end of the course, you will know how to:
- use pattern drafting tools
- take body measurements for drafting bodice pattern
- use your own measurements to create a circle skirt, T-shirt top, skirt block, bodice and sleeve blocks
- add seam allowances and sew toile and garment for yourself
- create basic dart manipulation block by transferring darts from one location to another on both skirt and bodice blocks
- …and more
Running Time: (10.30am-1.30pm or 6pm – 9.00pm once a week)
Register your interest below or contact us by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 07446182458 to enrol.
These courses are delivered in-house through Face to Face practical classes.
Due to Covid 19, online classes are also available through Zoom.
Contact email@example.com for more enquiries.