Hello readers, I want to share with you how I made my DIY Red Bishop Sleeve Dress for my 50th birthday.
I made the DIY bishop sleeve dress using the T-shirt pattern as well as the T-shirt dress sleeve with the volume added.
The fabric is red polyester jersey, which has a nice drape and good recovery when stretched.
How I Styled My DIY Red Bishop Sleeve Dress (3 ways)
1. Here is my dress styled on its own.
2. Here I styled the dress with a detachable belt.
3. Here, I have styled the dress with a detachable peplum accessory (for hiding the sins when I have eaten all that birthday cake😂).
How To Make The DIY Red Dress With Bishop Sleeve And Peplum Accessory
I made the peplum using the radius of my waist circumference. I calculated the radius by dividing my waist circumference by 6.28. Then I apply the same step for circle skirt making.
- This is what the peplum piece looked like after cutting it out and also I created the curved effect in front.
- Below I show a quick photo of the making process but you can also see the detailed video for t-shirt dress making here:
- Then, I laid the pattern pieces out. I have already put together the sleeve pieces to form the volume sleeve.
- Here I have created the shoulder seams then I neatened edges with pinking shears.
- Then I pressed the shoulder seams open
- I Pinned neckband in place ready to sew
- The neckband was attached and the seams were neatened
- I then sewed the sides before attaching the sleeves. Next I made the belt and peplum accessory. I used a matching fabric as lining for the peplum.
AND Voila… my DIY bishop sleeve dress is ready!
Hello to my new visitors! Please kindly follow my instagram at @charnoldacademy. If you enjoyed this post and my content, please subscribe to my blog so that you never miss a post. Subscribers also get a chance to win a sewing machine for Christmas!